Starting a business is hard! It’s early mornings, late nights and working when others are off. It’s caffeine, stress, and “Wait, did I eat today?” I knew all of this going in. What I didn’t know is how much I would rely on the mentorship, expertise and kindness of others to keep me on course when I’m feeling discouraged.
I am beyond grateful for:
- My husband, who has been a constant cheerleader and voice of reason;
- My family, for their support;
- Every person who has reached out to me, whether we have worked together or not;
- Those who have entrusted me with projects, and coached me along the way;
- Mentors, who are always there at the right time;
- Supporters too numerous to name, those who refer me, who choose me when there are so many others in the game and who continue to choose me; and
- Those who lift as they rise.
I know it’s trite, but I feel grateful, thankful and blessed for each of you!
Karen Butterfield is an award-winning communications professional specializing in B2B and B2C content creation, copywriting, as well as internal and external correspondence. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Webster University, St. Louis, in 2010 and then served in progressive roles at a community newspaper and publishing company. During her tenure as a reporter and editor, she earned more than a dozen state awards for writing and photography.